We are searching for a 'Financial Controller' for our company operating in industrial automation.
- Hold a Graduate degree or equivalent qualification.
- Hold membership of relevant professional accounting body.
- Financial accounting experience post qualification, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Be experienced in dealing with staff supervision.
- Experience with GAAP for the region in which they operate.
- Financial accounting experience in a computerized accounting environment.
- Relevant experience may include previous employment in a US or UK multinational organisation, with experience of preparing IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP equivalents.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Systems experience in a Selling Subsidiary environment a distinct advantage.
- Fluent in English, Self motivated. Able to work to strict deadlines.
- Residency in Istanbul Asian Side
This person will have overall financial responsibility for managing the accounting and tax affairs of the local operations of this subsidiary company together with preparation of the monthly management accounts, forecasts, budgets and annual statutory accounts for the businesses.
- Day to day running of accounting function, including input to and control of books of prime entry including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll and cashier functions, Supervision of Accounting functions
- Cash management and forecasting, Control of nominal ledger, Control of fixed assets.
- Preparation of control account reconciliations..
- Production of VAT returns, Maintenance of agent's commission system.
- Control of product cost system and understanding profitability of projects
- Responsibility for accounting systems within the company, ensuring continued improvements are made and discussed with the relevant direct and indirect reporting lines, including developing enhanced computer systems.
- Ensure that the credit control of the company is effectively handled and to notify the relevant direct and indirect reporting lines including Group Credit Controller of any transgressions or risks
Reporting and Planning :
- Production of monthly management accounts to Group deadlines and in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Review and interpret results for the relevant Market Segment to Direct and Indirect reporting lines. Ensure that any issues are highlighted the direct and indirect reporting lines.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- Preparation of year end reporting pack, preparation of local statutory financial reports and arranging to have them audited and filed
- To carry out financial analyses of specific capital projects as directed by the appropriate, and to ensure that all capital expenditure requiring Group approval obtains such approval through the preparation of the appropriate capital budgets.
- Full responsibility for liaison with tax office and preparing tax reconciliations.
- Preparation of the Corporation tax return or supervising local advisors in its preparation, Preparation of certain statistical ratios
- Provide Supportwith ad hoc projects and requests throughout the year
- To keep alert to financial and economic change, and to current and impending financial legislation, this is relevant to the company’s existing or planned operations.
Ipek Citir, is our consultant who manages this job opportunity.
Discover all the news on
the world of work