Wyser is an international search & selection company present in 3-continents.
We are looking for a "Desktop Support Analyst" for one of our global business partners which is one of the world’s largest independent commodities trading houses by turnover, creating logistics solutions that safely and efficiently move physical energy from where it is sourced and stored to where it is demanded most.
- Provide 1st & 2nd level infrastructure/desktop/telephony and videoconferencing/smart-phones support to Geneva based users and also remote support to smaller offices under the HQ/European region,
- Build relationships with the business to encourage reporting of issues through the established IT Helpdesk processes,
- Log all requests for 2nd level support in a timely manner,
- Escalate issues to supervisor when appropriate,
- Liaise with 2nd/3rd level support (Global Systems Team) to ensure a smooth hand-over of daily incident reports and escalations,
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis following change management procedures with guidance,
- Recommend/Establish policies on system use and services,
- Close collaboration with other IT teams on issues resolution and on proactive-maintenance and projects,
- Participate on IT projects for innovations and for enhancing/upgrading of existing infrastructure technologies and tools,
- Must exercise flexibility and work at times out-of-office working hours to curry-out essential work,
- Ensure all support requests are logged, responded to, escalated when necessary and closed in a timely manner (as per SLA). Calls/incidents and requests logged, tracked and reported effectively using service management tool, which is based on Service Now system,
- Ensure that sufficient accurate information is contained within Incident reports to promote the development of the ICT Knowledge Base (included in Service Now ITSM tool) and increase incident resolution rate,
- In a proactive manner, ensure that correct resolutions are found and involve appropriate Resolution Groups and Vendors in resolving incidents where appropriate,
- Escalate any complaints or potential issues to the Workplace Manager, where appropriate,
- Demonstrate service-oriented approach, an understanding of the customer’s needs and be able to achieve and maintain high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Will have good understanding of ITIL processes,
- Build effective relationships with other Service Delivery colleagues providing 2nd and 3rd level support located in Geneva and in other locations to ensure the provision of an effective incident resolution service,
- Good interpersonal skills, especially on communication interacting with users (incl. traders) in a fast-moving/high stress environment,
- Expert hands-on knowledge on Microsoft windows/desktop software and LAN systems, relevant certification will be a plus,
- Expert knowledge support and configuration of iOS smartphones and tablets (Intune and Airwatch),
- Knowledge of Trading market-data-feeds and related systems, Thomson-Reuters EIKON, Bloomberg Terminal, ICE, Broker-box’s, etc,),
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), preferably also in French,
- Knowledge of Office 365,
- Knowledge on an ITSM system and related ITIL processes will be a plus, preferably using Service Now,
- Knowledge and/or certification on ITIL based processes and appropriate tool(s).
Leven Bektas, is our consultant who manages this job opportunity.
Discover all the news on
the world of work